






Poor Brantley. I picked him up from school yesterday, and he moped out to the car. When I asked what was wrong, he said he was about to throw up. Do you need to go to the doctor? I asked, no, it's not that. I proceed to ask jillions of questions, all with no answers. I tell him we aren't getting out of the car until he tells me, he replies - fine, we'll sit here all day. I start guessing things that could have made him like this. Finally, half jokingly, I say, well did some girl reject you? Bingo. The poor guy gets his nerve up to finally ask this girl out that he has apparently liked for a long time, and she tells him she likes him like a brother. Ouch! The look on his poor pitiful face broke my heart! I mean, he's only 12 for crying out loud, it's not like I want him to have a girlfriend or be girl crazy. But he is 12, after all, and gosh when I was in 7th grade, boys were about all we could think about! I remember being at that very school, walking down the halls with hopes of catching glimpes of certain 9th grade boys. It gave me butterflies! So I realize this is part of it, but then he gets rejected?? It's so easy when they are little, you can pretty much control the outcome of their life. If they are hungry, you feed them. If they are tired, you put them to sleep. If they want Santa to bring them a new train table, you work that out with him. Now all of a sudden, he has all these issues that break his heart, and I can't do anything about it!
We had a great time at Magic Springs over the weekend with Brantley's best friend and his mom. Poor Carson thinks he is 12, and wanted to ride everything those boys did. One of the pictures below is of Carson crying when he isn't tall enough to ride a certain roller coaster. He did qualify for two of the coasters, provided I rode with him. He loved it! We rode the pirate ship ride, you know the one at all theme parks, that's like a giant swing back and forth and if you sit in the very back seats, you come up out of your seat each time you go up. Carson rode that 7 times! He would laugh and put his arms up and say, "Mommy this is so FUN!" It was a treasured memory. Brantley had his last football game of the season, I am sad to see it go. I hope he will always play football, it has and always will be my favorite.
1 comment:
Looks like a great weekend! Poor Brantley. I to remember boys nad that school. Yikes!!!! Well, at least it will be short lived.
Post a Comment